Review: Revlon Lip Butter Strawberry Shortcake


 You may know about the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters, many Beauty Bloggers and Beauty Vloggers rave about these. I got my first one a few weeks ago and I wanted to say what I about it.

 I got the colour Strawberry Shortcake 080. It is a nice rosy pink that has a slight hint of glitter, but it is very natural. It is moisturising and has a medium opacity (not total opacity like a lipstick, but it isn't clear like a lip balm).

It lasts not very long if you just put a quick slick on like I do, without a lipliner underneath or a lipgloss on top. The colour looks quite unusual for a lipliner but from looking at
colours online, MAC In Synch looks closest. For lipgloss sometimes I wear a mini 17 colour but I am not sure if they sell it fullsize, it came in a gift set. But my friend has a very similar colour, MAC Right Image (I know another MAC product but you can't deny that they are good). Using a lipliner under the product creates a good base for the product to stick on, it keeps it in place. And a lipgloss will create a sheer shine and also will come off before the lipstick or lip butter. But sometimes these distract you from the main product and can also get very irritating with several layers of lip product on at once.

Now I  have been dreading this subject since I just can't describe this
packaging well. The practical side is that it has the name on the bottom, a clear top so that you you can see the product and also the lip is in the same colour category as the product so if you want a brighter colour you don't end up going through the nudes. For looks, its ok as it has the new quilt pattern that Revlon now uses and also the sheer colour makes sure that you know you are looking at the Revlon lip butters and not the Revlon lipsticks. But with it being sheer you can see the metal handle thing (still have no idea what its called so can you tell me in the
comments) which is less aesthetically pleasing as say the Chanel or MAC lipsticks (MAC is coming up a lot in this post).

Even though they are supposed to be moisturising I still like to put on a lip balm beforehand. They do moisturise and are more confortable to have on your lips than a lipstick but they still aren't as moisturising as a lipbalm. And I am not sure if this is even a good thing. If they were as moisturising it might not be as matte or as opaque as they are now.

No matter what, I love this product and I wear it pretty much every
day of  every weekend and in the holidays. Feel free to ask me any questions.

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment